A Boom Access Platform is a type of Work Platform it can be Static (has no forward or reverse movement when elevated) or mobile. It can be push around, vehicle mounted on a Truck, Van, or stand-alone trailer or self-moving platform It has bucket is designed for a person to stand in and work from.
The boom arm can be Telescoping or Articulated which allows greater flexibility when operating in tight spaces or when clearing nearby obstacles is necessary.
There are Two categories of Boom Work Platform, these are:
- 1B - Rider & Pedestrian - Electric & I.C.E. - Static Boom – Mounted & Spider Lift - can’t drive elevated.
- 3B - Rider - Electric & I.C.E. - Mobile Boom – Can drive elevated.
Courses available are:-
- Novice Operator: A person with little or no experience of driving a Work Platform
- Experienced Operator: A person who uses the Work Platform regularly but has never undertaken a formal course and test.
- Conversion: A person who is certificated on one category of Work Platform but needs to drive a different category. (An Operator cannot convert from a pedestrian operated truck to a rider operated truck)
- Refresher Re-test: A person who holds a certificate to operate the Work Platform but needs their skills updating in accordance with HSE guidelines
The course lengths below show the minimum time it will take to become a competent operator - course lengths may vary from those shown depending on the skill levels and competence of the operator.
|Category(s)||Course Type||No. of Candidates||Course Length|
|1B||All Course Types||4||1 Day|
|3B||All Course Types||4||1 Day|