- A4 - Rider - Electric Rider pallet stackers
- A5 - Pedestrian - Electric Pallet stackers
- A6 - Pedestrian- Electric Straddle trucks
The four types of courses available are:-
- Novice Operator: A person with little or no experience of driving a fork lift truck
- Experienced Operator: A person who uses the fork lift regularly but has never undertaken a formal course and test.
- Conversion: A person who is certificated on one category of truck but needs to drive a different category. (An Operator cannot convert from a pedestrian operated truck to a rider operated truck)
- Refresher Re-test: A person who holds a certificate to operate the truck but needs their skills updating in accordance with HSE guidelines
The course lengths below show the minimum time it will take to become a competent operator - course lengths may vary from those shown depending on the skill levels and competence of the operator.
|Category(s)||Course Type||No. of Candidates||Course Length|
|A4, A5 & A6||Novice||1, 2 or 3||3 Days|
|A4, A5 & A6||Experienced||1, 2 or 3||1 Day|
|A4, A5 & A6||Refresher re-test||1, 2 or 3||1 Day|
|A4, A5 & A6||Conversion to||1, 2 or 3||1 Day|