A scissor lift is a type of Work Platform it can be Static (has no forward or reverse movement when elevated) or mobile. Vertial movement is by the use of a pantograph (folding supports in a criss-cross "X" pattern), known as a scissor mechanism.
There are Two categories of Scissor Lift Work Platform, these are:
- 1A - Rider - Electric & I.C.E. - Static Vertical - Driven into position - can’t drive elevated.
- 3A - Rider - Electric & I.C.E. - Mobile Vertical - can drive elevated.
Courses available are:-
- Novice Operator: A person with little or no experience of driving a Work Platform
- Experienced Operator: A person who uses the Work Platform regularly but has never undertaken a formal course and test.
- Conversion: A person who is certificated on one category of Work Platform but needs to drive a different category. (An Operator cannot convert from a pedestrian operated truck to a rider operated truck)
- Refresher Re-test: A person who holds a certificate to operate the Work Platform but needs their skills updating in accordance with HSE guidelines
The course lengths below show the minimum time it will take to become a competent operator - course lengths may vary from those shown depending on the skill levels and competence of the operator.
|Category(s)||Course Type||No. of Candidates||Course Length|
|1A||All Course Types||4||1 Day|
|3A||All Course Types||4||1 Day|