Overhead Gantry Crane Training (Pendant or Remote Control Operation)
Courses are offered using the:
- Pendant Control (a ground level control box fixed to the crane by an electric and steel strengthened cable).
- Remote Control (a wireless control box that allows the operator greater freedom of movement).
All Pro-skills Crane courses include Theory training, Operational training, Basic Slinging and Theory and Operational testing.
Courses available these are: -
- Novice Operator: A person with little or no experience of using the equipment
- Experienced Operator: A person who uses the equipment regularly but has never undertaken a formal course and test.
- Refresher Re-test: A person who holds a certificate to operate the equipment but needs their skills updating in accordance with HSE guidelines.
- Conversion: A person who is certificated on one control but needs to use another control type
The course lengths below show the minimum time it will take to become a competent operator - course lengths may vary from those shown depending on the skill levels and competence of the operator.
Overhead Gantry Crane
|Category(s)||Course Type||No. of Candidates||Course Length|
|Pendant/Remote||Refresher re-test||1, 2, 3 or 4||1 Day|
1, 2, 3 or 4